Please call 303-292-0770 for more information.
Family Services & Advocacy
Focus Points employs two Family Advocates who work with individuals and families to help them access services in the community, including health care. The Family Advocates work with each family to design a program to help them deal with the challenges they are facing. If Focus Points doesn’t have a program needed by the family, they can be referred to another agency that may be able to help.
Services offered include:
- CHP+ and Medicaid application assistance -- Focus Points is a Presumptive Eligibility site and can help families enroll in these programs.
- Medical Homes – Help with finding a family doctor or clinic that will be a family’s main source for health care
- Nutrition and Food Access – Focus Points offers nutrition classes and can arrange enrollment in the SNAP food assistance program.
- Utility Assistance – Families can apply for help with utility bills if they live in the 80205 or 80216 zip codes or are enrolled in a program at Focus Points
- Children’s Health Clinic – A free healthcare clinic for children held on a weekly basis
- Active Families – Zumba and other exercise programs for the whole family
- Notary Public – Certification of documents
- Gardening – classes and plots in the garden next to Focus Points
- Community Resources – Assistance with finding help from other agencies